SAIL Management Trainee Exam 2011 Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am final year student and my final year/Semester result is not yet declared. Am I eligible to apply SAIL Management Trainee Exam 2011?
Ans. Yes, the final year students can apply for the post(s). However, they will have to produce their final degree certificate at the time of interview.
2. A candidate having done AMIE can apply SAIL Management Trainee Exam 2011?
Ans. No, only departmental candidates SAIL with AMIE /equivalent degree are eligible to apply in their respective discipline.
3. My father is SAIL employee, can I apply as departmental candidate?
Ans. No, only the present regular employees of SAIL can apply as Departmental candidate.
4. I have 65% marks in final semester and I belong to OBC category. Can I apply for the SAIL Management Trainee Exam 2011 Technical post?
Ans. As per criteria, General and OBC category candidates should have minimum 65% marks as average of all semesters. Merely having 65% marks in the final year/semester will not make one eligible for the post of MT (technical).
5. I have entered the wrong Email-Id/category and I want to change it. Is it possible?
Ans. Once entered and submitted no personal details can be changed; you have to register again with the correct email Id/category this time.
6. My current residential address is temporary and it is likely to be shifted soon, so which address, I should provide?
Ans. It is advisable to furnish the permanent address, providing temporary addresses can lead to inconvenience while delivering the appointment letter, if selected.
7. I have completed Dual Degree course (B.Tech+M.Tech/B.Tech+MBA), am I eligible to apply?
Ans. Yes, A candidate with dual degree is eligible to apply SAIL Management Trainee Exam 2011, provided he/she has the minimum marks.
8. My institute awards CGPA instead of percentage marks and there is no conversion formula as per university to convert CGPA into percentage marks. What shall I do?
Ans. If CGPA is from 10 point scale, than multiply it by 10 to get percentage marks.
9. Can I get last years question paper or sample questions?
Ans. SAIL does not provide last years question paper or sample question, however few sample questions will be displayed in the test guidelines which would be available along with the admit card on the net.
10. Is there any restriction on number of times a candidate can appear for SAIL Management Trainee?
Ans. No, there is no restriction on number of attempts a candidate can make for selection as MT in SAIL provided he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria for the particular year.
11. Will SAIL refund the registration amount in case my candidature is rejected due to any reason?
Ans. No, Registration amount once deposited is not refundable for any reason.
12. I want to apply for both MT (Tech) and MT (Admn), can I do it?
Ans. Yes, a candidate can apply for both MT (Tech) and MT (Admn), if he/she has eligibility for both. For this purpose a candidate has to register for both the posts with separate registration fee.
13. Can I apply for two disciplines of MT Tech/Admn?
Ans. While a candidate can appear for both MT (Tech) and MT (Admn), it is not possible to apply for more than one discipline within one stream. For example, a candidate can't apply for both marketing and HR within MT (Admn) or for Electrical and Instrumentation within MT (Tech).
14. Where the registration slip is to be sent?
Ans. The candidates are not required to send any document after registration. However, the candidates are advised to retain the Registration slip as well as Pay-in-Slip as the same can be demanded for verification purpose at any time during the course of recruitment process.
15. I have more than 60% marks in MBA, but 58% marks in graduation degree. I belong to general category, am I eligible to apply?
Ans. No. For the post of MT (Admn) a general category candidate should have minimum 60% marks both in graduation as well as MBA degree.
16. I have done MBA, with specialisation In Finance. Am I eligible for MT (Finance)?
Ans. No. For Finance Discipline, candidates with CA/ICWA qualification are only eligible to apply.
17. Where from I have to download the Pay-in-Slip?
Ans. The Pay-in-Slip, which is system generated, will be available for download once a candidate fills in all his/her details. The candidate is required to take printout of the Pay-in-Slip and deposit the amount mentioned in any of the nearest SBI Branch in the given account number against his/her name and the Application No. given in the Pay-in-Slip. SAIL will not be responsible for any amount submitted in wrong account/against wrong name/application no.
18. Can I approach the associate banks of SBI with the pay in slip and deposit the amount there?
Ans. No, you have to approach to the nearest SBI bank only to deposit the registration amount. No other associate bank of SBI is authorised to collect the registration amount.